World Cup draw 2022: Full group results, teams, match schedule, fixtures revealed for Qatar
We have our group stage draw for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar and as expected, there will be plenty of talking points across the eight different groups.
England were drawn against the USA and Iran in the group stage, and they could be joined by another British side since Wales, Scotland and Ukraine will do battle in June for the final spot in the group.
Lionel Messi and Argentina will have it all to do in Group C against No. 9-ranked Mexico and Robert Lewandowski’s Poland. Mexico’s coach is Argentine Tata Martino, who will go up against the team he once coached and a superstar he once managed, including at Barcelona.
In what could be his final World Cup, Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal landed three battle-tested opponents from three different regions in Ghana (Africa), Uruguay (South America) and South Korea (Asia).
Some other takeaways:
- Spain vs. Germany in Group E;
- Host Qatar got a tough draw (African champs Senegal and the talented Dutch);
- Defending champs France landed a very manageable group;
- Things are perhaps slightly more challenging for Brazil in Group G.
And for an updated look at the complete FIFA 2022 World Cup match schedule with dates, times and stadiums, we’ve got you covered.
WORLD CUP DRAW BREAKDOWNS:
Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D
Group E | Group F | Group G | Group H
|Group A||A1: Qatar||A2: Ecuador||A3: Senegal||A4: Netherlands|
|Group B||B1: England||B2: Iran||B3: USA||B4: WAL/UKR/SCO|
|Group C||C1: Argentina||C2: Saudi Arabia||C3: Mexico||C4: Poland|
|Group D||D1: France||D2: AUS/UAE/PER||D3: Denmark||D4: Tunisia|
|Group E||E1: Spain||E2: CRC / NZ||E3: Germany||E4: Japan|
|Group F||F1: Belgium||F2: Canada||F3: Morocco||F4: Croatia|
|Group G||G1: Brazil||G2: Serbia||G3: Switzerland||G4: Cameroon|
|Group H||H1: Portugal||H2: Ghana||H3: Uruguay||H4: South Korea|
MORE WORLD CUP 2022:
Full draw results | TV schedule | Latest news
World Cup Draw 22 updates, highlights from Qatar
1:25 p.m.: That’s it. We’ve got the full group picture. Now it’s time for overreaction and predictions!
1:11 p.m.: Pot 4 draw:
- Group A: Ecuador (“Int’l Playoff 1” originally drawn here, moved to Group D)
- Group B: Euro playoff (S. Arabia, “Int’l Playoff 2” originally drawn, both moved)
- Group C: Saudi Arabia
- Group D: Int’l Playoff 1 (Australia/UAE vs. Peru)
- Group E: Int’l Playoff 2 (Costa Rica vs. New Zealand)
- Group F: Canada (Cameroon, then Ghana originally drawn and moved)
- Group G: Cameroon
- Group H: Ghana
1:03 p.m.: Pot 3 draw:
- Group A: Senegal (A3) (Iran originally drawn, moved to Group B)
- Group B: Iran (B2)
- Group C: Poland (C4)
- Group D: Tunisia (D4) (Serbia originally drawn, moved to Group G)
- Group E: Japan (E4)
- Group F: Morocco (F3)
- Group G: Serbia (G2)
- Group H: South Korea (H4)
12:57 p.m.: Pot 2 draw:
- Group A: Netherlands (A4)
- Group B: USA (B3)
- Group C: Mexico (C3)
- Group D: Denmark (D3)
- Group E: Germany (E3)
- Group F: Croatia (F4)
- Group G: Switzerland (G3) (Uruguay originally drawn, moved to H)
- Group H: Uruguay (H3)
12:48 p.m.: Pot 1 draw:
- Group A: Qatar
- Group B: England
- Group C: Argentina
- Group D: France
- Group E: Spain
- Group F: Belgium
- Group G: Brazil
- Group H: Portugal
12:48 p.m.: We start with Pot 1. Confirmation that Qatar is going into Group A as A1.
12:45 p.m.: Just two questions to the legends. Whew. Now they’re explaining how the draw works, but we already have that down in this post.
12:42 p.m.: Oh no! They are asking questions.
12:38 p.m.: We’re 38 minutes in and they’re going to introduce the FIFA legends. Please, no questions!
- Jay-Jay Okocha
- Lothar Matthaus
- Ali Daei
- Adel Ahmed MalAllah
- Tim Cahill
- Rabah Madjer
- Bora Milutinovic